Glen Echo Group, a creative communications firm with offices in Washington, DC and Chicago, IL seeks a Director to join our fast-growing team. As one of the leading storytellers for the internet-enabled world, this role will combine passion, industry knowledge and creative communications expertise to tell the stories of innovation and how technology can move the world forward as a force for good.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing team and work every day with the leading brands and innovators of the new economy. Our ideal candidate is a communications professional with strong storytelling and media expertise with the ability to manage accounts and serve as the client lead. This person should be an excellent team player with a proven understanding of the media landscape and trusted relationships in the field. Our ideal candidate is a fast-learner and self-starter, with the ability to translate complex issues into simple and compelling narratives for a variety of audiences. In this role, you will:
- Serve as the day-to-day client manager, core team member and communications lead across a variety of clients
- Develop media strategies and collateral materials and execute across a variety of media platforms. Build and cultivate trusted relationships across media platforms. Interact and earn coverage from key press
- Manage projects and campaigns, set and manage deadlines and budgets, and employ best-of-class communications and measurement tools
- Understand content marketing channels and employ excellent written and creative communications skills to create and deliver compelling and persuasive content
- Demonstrate good understanding of client business and industries, the ability to learn fast and grasp key issues and possess the ability to anticipate and act quickly
- Have great attention to detail, enthusiasm, creativity and professionalism, a desire to work hard, and be part of an extraordinary group of people
We love our work and take it seriously, but not ourselves. We work hard and we have fun. Our ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years of communications experience, including the ability to translate complex issues into simple and compelling communications campaigns
- Strong project manager with the ability to juggle multiple clients and deliver results in fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Strong media relationships and networks, excellent writing skills and utilization of best-in-class communications tools
- Background and interest in internet and technology issues; Expertise in crafting and executing integrated public affairs campaigns
- Ability to identify and counsel on emerging issues, respond to urgent client requests and navigate a constant and challenging media environment
- Ability to contribute to new business efforts and growth of existing clients
- Have attention to detail, enthusiasm, creativity and professionalism, a desire to work hard and be part of an extraordinary group of people
The Glen Echo Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our clientele, our employees and our communities. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.
The Glen Echo Group is a proud member of the Diversity Action Alliance, a coalition of communications leaders joining forces to accelerate progress in the achievement of meaningful and tangible results in diversity, equity and inclusion across our profession.