The Glen Echo Group, a creative communications firm with offices in Washington, DC and Chicago, IL seeks a seasoned executive to join our fast-growing, DC-based team. As one of the leading storytellers for the internet-enabled world, this role will combine passion, industry knowledge and creative communications expertise to tell the stories of innovation and how technology can move the world forward as a force for good.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our senior team and work every day with the leading brands and innovators of the new economy. Our ideal candidate will have strong corporate and issue management expertise with the ability to provide senior counsel and creative strategies for our wide range of clients and diverse account teams. This person should be both a strong strategic leader and a team player with demonstrated client management, as well as an excellent track record in creating and executing on integrated communications campaigns. In addition, this person will help identify and develop new business opportunities and the cultivation and extension of the Glen Echo Group brand and service offerings. In this role, you will:
- Lead the development and execution of integrated creative communications campaigns, overseeing client teams and managing client relationships
- Maintain and grow broad and trusted relationships with high-level national, political, technology and trade media across all media platforms including print, broadcast, online, etc.
- Cultivate in-depth knowledge of client businesses and industries and the ability to anticipate, respond to and maximize opportunities, challenges and threats
- Continually seek and develop both new business opportunities and growth of existing clients, always with an eye to forging long-term relationships with client partners
- Demonstrate knowledge of best-in-class industry tools for client service, including data and analytics, social tools and metrics and business and industry development
- Be a leader and brand ambassador inside and outside Glen Echo Group, serve as a leader of Glen Echo values, mentor and support staff and our culture of excellence, learning, professional development and creativity
We love our work and take it seriously, but not ourselves. We work hard and we have fun. Our ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years of communications experience, including the ability to translate complex issues into simple and compelling campaigns
- Prior experience in leading, developing and executing multi-faceted projects as well as managing teams and delivering results in fast-paced, collaborative environments
- Strong media relationships and networks, excellent writing skills and knowledge of best-in-class communications tools
- Background and interest in internet and technology issues and public policy expertise
- Excellent management and mentoring skills, ability to function at a high-level with tight deadlines and evolving priorities, serve as day-to-day counsel for a variety of clients while simultaneously managing teams
- Proven ability to develop new business and grow existing clients
- Have attention to detail, enthusiasm, creativity and professionalism, a desire to work hard and be part of an extraordinary group of people
The Glen Echo Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our clientele, our employees and our communities. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.