The Glen Echo Group, a creative communications firm with offices in Washington, DC and Chicago, IL seeks an experienced communications professional to join our fast-growing, DC-based team. As one of the leading storytellers for the internet-enabled world, this role will combine passion, industry knowledge and creative communications expertise to tell the stories of innovation and how technology can move the world forward as a force for good.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and work every day with the leading brands and innovators of the new economy. Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record in developing and implementing successful media relations’ campaigns and a background in technology policy. This person should be a strong team player with a demonstrated commitment to client service, as well as an excellent track record in creating and executing on integrated communications campaigns. In this role, you will:
- Assist in the development and execution of integrated creative communications campaigns and managing client relationships.
- Cultivate in-depth knowledge of client businesses and industries and the ability to anticipate, respond to and maximize opportunities, challenges and threats.
- Grow broad and trusted relationships with national, political, technology and trade media across all media platforms including print, broadcast, online, etc.
- Craft strategic messaging on behalf of our clients including press releases, fact sheets, web content, speaking abstracts, editorials, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of best-in-class industry tools for client service, including data and analytics, social tools and metrics and business and industry development.
- Establish processes for maximizing, tracking and analyzing print, broadcast and online coverage.
- Be a leader and brand ambassador inside and outside Glen Echo Group.
- REQUIRED: One to three years of public relations and strategic communications experience, translating complicated issues into simple, compelling messaging strategies.
- A background, and strong interest, in public policy issues as they relate to the Internet, cybersecurity and technology.
- Strong media relations and excellent writing skills as well as a solid understanding of and experience working with digital platforms and tools.
- The ability to take initiative and work independently and in a highly collaborative environment.
- A “team-first” approach with an ability to contribute to client teams and be seen as a trusted contributor.
- The ability to function at a high level on tight deadlines and with changing priorities and serve as a day-to-day resource.
- Attention to detail, enthusiasm, creativity and desire to work hard and contribute to a great team.
The Glen Echo Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our clientele, our employees and our communities. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.