The Glen Echo Group, a creative communications firm with offices in Washington, DC and Chicago, IL, seeks a Senior Director to join our fast-growing, DC-based team. As one of the leading storytellers for the internet-enabled world, this role will combine passion, industry knowledge and creative communications expertise to tell the stories of innovation and how technology can move the world forward as a force for good.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing team and work every day with the leading brands and innovators of the new economy. Our ideal candidate is a senior-level communications professional with strong storytelling and media expertise, the ability to lead multiple, high-profile accounts and manage a cross-disciplinary team. This person should be an excellent team player with a proven understanding of the media landscape and trusted relationships in the field. Our ideal candidate is an experienced self-starter, with the ability to translate complex issues into simple and compelling narratives for a variety of audiences. In this role, you will:
- Serve as the primary client manager, core team member and communications lead across a variety of clients
- Strategic thinker able to quickly understand client businesses, targets, influencers and competitive landscape. Quickly grasp key issues and develop successful communications campaigns
- Develop media strategies and create a variety of creative assets to execute across a wide range of media platforms. Build and cultivate trusted relationships across media platforms and use strong media relationships to stay ahead of story angles and news cycles. Provide sound media counsel, judgment and analysis to clients
- Understand content marketing channels and employ excellent written, verbal and creative communications skills to create and deliver compelling and persuasive content
- Provide strategic counsel and guidance across the company, mentor team members and ensure the firm’s success by overseeing work quality and productivity level
- Serve as brand ambassador for the Glen Echo Group, active within the third party community and contribute to new business strategy, execution and outreach
We love our work and take it seriously, but not ourselves. We work hard and we have fun. Our ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years of progressively responsible communications experience developing and leading communications strategies, including the ability to translate complex issues into simple and compelling campaigns
- Strong project management experience with the ability to juggle multiple clients and deliver results in fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Strong media relationships and networks, excellent writing skills and utilization of best-in-class communications tools
- Demonstrated understanding and expertise in media, politics and public affairs
- Background and interest in internet and technology issues; Expertise in crafting and executing integrated issue campaigns; Strong record of building relationships across the technology and public affairs community
- Ability to identify and counsel on emerging and breaking issues, highly responsive to urgent client requests and ability navigate a constant and challenging media and political environment
- Ability to secure new business opportunities for the firm and grow our existing client relationships
- Experience managing and mentoring young communications professionals
- Have attention to detail, enthusiasm, creativity and professionalism, a desire to work hard and be part of an extraordinary group of people
The Glen Echo Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our clientele, our employees and our communities. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.
The Glen Echo Group is a proud member of the Diversity Action Alliance, a coalition of communications leaders joining forces to accelerate progress in the achievement of meaningful and tangible results in diversity, equity and inclusion across our profession.