Interested in tech, the Internet, public policy and storytelling? Want to be part of a small but mighty team supporting clients ranging from startups to trade associations to Fortune 500 companies? Want to have some fun, help shape the issues, fight the fights and win the day?
The Glen Echo Group, an award-winning public affairs firm based in D.C., seeks a fall intern or fellow to help support its fast-growing client base.
Summary of duties:
- Monitor and analyze traditional and social media
- Help create social media strategy for clients/campaigns as well as content and copy
- Assist with the planning and execution of Glen Echo Group events
- Create media/press lists
- Support media pitches and outreach
- Conduct research in support of clients and campaigns
- Draft press releases/op-eds/articles and assist in placement
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong research and analysis capabilities
- Experience in event planning and management
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with social media analytics and engagement
- Understanding of current and upcoming technology policy issues
- Dedicated and hardworking with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
The Glen Echo Group is a proud member of the Diversity Action Alliance, a coalition of communications leaders joining forces to accelerate progress in the achievement of meaningful and tangible results in diversity, equity and inclusion across our profession.