Glen Echo Group, a creative communications firm with offices in Washington, DC and Chicago, IL seeks a Project Manager to join our fast-growing, DC-based team. As one of the leading storytellers for the internet-enabled world, we combine passion, industry knowledge and creative communications expertise to tell the stories of innovation and how technology can move the world forward as a force for good.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing team and work every day with the leading brands and innovators of the new economy. Our ideal candidate is a senior-level communications professional with strong storytelling and media expertise, the ability to lead multiple, high-profile accounts and manage a cross-disciplinary team. This person should be an excellent team player with a proven understanding of the media landscape and trusted relationships in the field. Our ideal candidate is an experienced self-starter, with the ability to translate complex issues into simple and compelling narratives for a variety of audiences. In this role, you will:
- Support the management of all design deliverables from kick-off to completion, including project scoping, scheduling, budgeting, development and execution, internal review, client review and feedback and production.
- Work in partnership with the Glen Echo Group designers to ensure the timeliness and quality of client deliverables.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients and client managers, providing accurate and timely information about their deliverables, handling all intake requests and helping manage client expectations.
- Develop detailed tasks lists, timelines, status reports and meeting notes.
- Maintain all campaign timelines and review all design deliverables for accuracy.
- Participate in client meetings when needed; be responsible for daily communication with Glen Echo client managers.
- Provide event management assistance for both virtual and in person events including experience with virtual event platforms including Zoom, Google Meet, Remo, etc.
- Assist with new business and proposal development.
- Have the ability to keep key team members on task and on-time.
- Be a strong communicator with the skill to identify, communicate and resolve project issues.
- Be a leader and brand ambassador inside and outside of the Glen Echo Group.
- Prior experience as a Project Manager, Project Coordinator or other similar supporting role within a communications, digital or integrated creative agency.
- Experience managing design, marketing or creative projects as well as competency in project management tools.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A “team-first” approach with an ability to contribute to client teams and be seen as a trusted contributor.
- The ability to function at a high level on tight deadlines and with changing priorities and serve as a day-to-day resource.
- Attention to detail, enthusiasm, creativity and desire to work hard and contribute to a great team.
The Glen Echo Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our clientele, our employees and our communities. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.
The Glen Echo Group is a proud member of the Diversity Action Alliance, a coalition of communications leaders joining forces to accelerate progress in the achievement of meaningful and tangible results in diversity, equity and inclusion across our profession.