The Glen Echo Group, a DC-based strategic communications and public affairs firm, seeks a junior communications professional to help support our fast-growing client base. Our ideal candidate will have prior agency experience and a proven track record in developing and implementing successful media relations campaigns.
We do (almost) everything, so you will too. We pride ourselves on getting things done for clients – without the bureaucracy or baggage of the big firms:
- Whether it’s a policy issue, coalition or advocacy campaign, you will be integral to helping our team understand clients’ needs and counted on to demonstrate a commitment to understanding their industry and issues.
- We offer more than public relations; you’ll participate in strategy development for client campaigns based on their priorities including media relations, coalition building, writing, social media, marketing and public affairs.
- And you’ll regularly interact with clients, teams and outside consultants.
- You’ll help us all be smarter, reviewing ongoing media coverage, Hill activities and event strategies of clients’ issues and competitors, making strategic recommendations based on the information.
- And you’ll help us work more effectively, establishing processes for maximizing, tracking and analyzing print, broadcast and online coverage.
- You’ll analyze, develop and translate analytics from a range of online properties including social media, websites, ad buys and videos to help think strategically about everything we do online.
- We work as a team, and you will support the development of client proposals and media materials: plans, presentations, reports and communications documents.
- You will be responsible for both the substantial and mundane tasks associated with media relations from creating strategic communications outreach plans and messaging to updating press lists and tracking media coverage.
- And you’ll write—a lot—authoring press releases, statements, web content, speaking abstracts, etc.
- You will cultivate strong and trusted relationships with media and third party allies, garnering positive attention for clients and advancing our clients’ goals.
We take our work very seriously, but not ourselves. We work hard and get things done. Our ideal candidate will have:
- BA/BS Degree in a related field
- 2+ years’ experience in public relations and strategic communications at an agency, on a campaign or in-house
- Strong media relations and excellent writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of and experience working with digital platforms and tools
- Demonstrate strong interest in public policy issues as they relate to the Internet and technology
- Be able to work on tight deadlines and with changing priorities, take direction, and enjoy working in fast-paced, team environment
- Attention to detail, enthusiasm, creativity, organization, multi-tasking and desire to work hard and contribute to a great team
Send your resume, writing sample and cover letter to work(at)glenechogroup.com.
The Glen Echo Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our clientele, our employees and our communities. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.