The Glen Echo Group, a DC-based public affairs firm, seeks an experienced communications professional to help manage and implement campaigns for our fast-growing client base. Our ideal candidate will have experience providing client team oversight, a proven track record in developing and implementing successful media relations and digital advocacy campaigns and a background in technology policy.
We do (almost) everything, so you will too. We pride ourselves on getting things done for clients – without the bureaucracy or baggage of the big firms:
- Whether it’s a policy issue or product launch, you will be responsible for hearing what a client needs and demonstrating a commitment to understanding the industry and issues.
- You’ll develop and execute integrated, strategic communications strategies for clients.
- We offer more than public relations; you’ll participate in strategy development for client campaigns based on their priorities, including media relations, writing, social media, executive positioning, corporate reputation and crisis communications.
- You will work closely with clients, industry insiders and policy experts to build and maintain a deep knowledge of the issues impacting our clients.
- You’ll help us all be smarter by reviewing the ongoing media coverage surrounding our clients' issues and their competitors, and by making strategic recommendations based on the information.
- And you’ll help us work more effectively, establishing processes for maximizing, tracking and analyzing print, broadcast and online coverage.
- You will be responsible for managing entire campaigns, from planning to distilling and tracking media coverage to providing client updates and reports. We depend on you to look around the corner and help us think about what’s next.
- You will develop and foster relationships with national and trade news reporters, including bloggers, television bookers, print reporters, columnists and editorial staff.
- We work as a team, and you will support the development of client proposals and media materials: plans, presentations, reports and communications documents.
- You’ll also work independently to implement campaign strategies, write press releases, fact sheets, web content, speaking abstracts, editorials, etc.
- You will cultivate strong and trusted relationships with our clients, managing aspects of both large and small campaigns, and work with your colleagues to implement and execute leading public affairs campaigns to win complex public policy debates.
We take our work very seriously, but not ourselves. We work hard and get things done. Our ideal candidate will:
- Have 7+ years of public relations and strategic communications experience, translating complicated issues into simple, compelling messaging strategies.
- Have a background, and strong interest, in public policy issues as they relate to the internet, cybersecurity and technology.
- Have strong media relations and excellent writing skills as well as a solid understanding of and experience working with digital platforms and tools.
- Have proven leadership of complex projects, ability to take initiative and ability to work independently and in a highly collaborative environment.
- Be able to function at a high level on tight deadlines and with changing priorities, serve as a day-to-day resource for various clients simultaneously and manage junior staff and interns.
- Have attention to detail, enthusiasm, creativity and desire to work hard and contribute to a great team.
The Glen Echo Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our clientele, our employees and our communities. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.